ETE is responsible for providing translation, editing, proof-reading and terminology services for the ECB to support the ECB’s reporting obligations and its external communication activities in English. ETE also advises the staff and the decision-making bodies of the ECB on linguistic matters.
Successful applicants will be entrusted with the following main tasks:
- Translating into English from other official EU languages a broad range of materials in the fields of monetary policy and banking supervision;
- Editing and proof-reading of documents drafted in English;
- Providing linguistic and drafting advice in English in support of the ECB’s communication policy.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent qualification) in translation or modern languages, or be a student currently embarking upon his/her final year of master’s degree on such a course;
- Perfect command of English together with proven drafting ability in English;
- Ability to translate from at least one EU official language into English;
- Experience of editing and/or proof-reading English texts, either as part of a degree course or in a professional context, would be an advantage;
- Ideally, experience of translating using computer-assisted translation tools such as Studio;
- Basic knowledge of economics, central banking issues and/or banking supervision would be an asset;
- Working knowledge of MS Office, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The trainee grant is the exact amount of EUR 1,050 per month. The trainee grant is increased toEUR 1,900 per month for trainees who have completed at least two years of PhD study and who apply for a traineeship vacancy that requires such a level of qualification.
How to apply?
In order to apply you should register online HERE and follow the instructions. Deadline for applying is 11 March 2016.
For more information please visit the official website.