Are you an aspiring young leader interested in European policy and decisionmaking? Apply now to participate in the #YEC16 as a delegate in the Council for Gender Equality and Social Inclusion, Foreign Affairs and Development Aid, or Security and Home Affairs!
- The Heads of State and Government Council
- The Council for Gender Equality and Social Inclusion
- The Council for Security and Home Affairs
- The Council for External Affairs and Development Aid
What the YEC experience is about:
- Formal negotiations among delegates as national representatives in four distinct topical Councils;
- Direct interaction between delegates and senior experts and decision-makers;
- Social events, including the YEL highlight Eat & Meet Dinner (more about the Eat & Meet here)
- Visiting of various European institutions;
- The formulation and presentation of Final Outcomes of the YEC to senior EU decision-makers and stakeholders.
Applications to represent your country in either of the Councils are open. In addition, few positions as in the Heads of State and Government Council are still available. Click here for anoverview of all available positions. Applicants will be accepted on a roling basis. The list will be updated continiously. The deadline for applications is October 2. To apply click here. To learn more about the councils click here. To learn more about the different positions click here.
If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line Question YEC.